Eumenides (Good-Tempered Ones) Greek The ironic name Greek people used for the Erinyes, fearsome creatures whose name means Furies.
Extrait du document
- Furies (Furiae) Greek and Roman The Roman common name, now used almost exclusively, for a group of Greek goddesses of vengence.
- Dioscuri (Sons of Zeus) Greek A title used in Greek and Roman mythology for the twin brothers Castor and Polydeuces, whose Roman name was Pollux.
- Seven Against Thebes Greek The name given to the conflict between the rulers of the kingdom of Thebes and the rebels who challenged the king for the throne.
- Pluto Greek and Roman A name used to refer to the god of the underworld.
- Styx, River Greek The principle river, or system of rivers, in Hades, the Greek Underworld (1); named for the goddess who carried the same name, Styx.